Thursday, January 30, 2014

HIKING WITH CAROLINA OUTDOORS GROUP

I started this blog about 2 years ago and ever since I've been to so many places throughout NC. Most of the time it was just Bailey ( my dog ) and I going out and exploring. Although I do really enjoy getting out exploring on my own it would be nice to share all these places with others. One might say that I do share my excursions with others through this blog and I agree but that's after the excursions. What about sharing during my excursions. So on New Years eve I signed up and created "Carolina Outdoors Group" at meetup.com. I could have just joined other groups but I enjoy finding new places and exploring on my own terms. Our first outing was at Anne Springs Close Greenway hiking from the Dairy Barn to the Grist Mill and back. This is a 5 mile round trip, just right for a casual day hike. Two new members and  my daughter, Cassidy, along with her husband, Brandon, showed up on this cold and sunny winter day. We hiked a nice steady pace while getting some great conversations in along the way. It's always better to hike with others simply for the safety factor but some added bonuses includes hiking faster and further without realizing it and sharing your outdoor experiences. The hike ended quicker than I expected but it was a great outing. Hope to meet you at some upcoming events on my Carolina Outdoors Group at meetups.com.









Hike: 5 Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment