Sunday, July 8, 2012

KAYAKING ON LAKE NORMAN

It was mid-afternoon when I met my daughter up at Lake Norman. We pulled out the Old Town tandem kayak and dragged it to the dock. We drop it into the lake sending two mallards in flight toward a quieter destination. The sun is piercing and the water is a comfortable 80+ degrees, at least it's wet. After a few clumsy strokes hitting each others paddles we get right into rhythm and start rowing like a couple of pros. On our way out of the cove we encounter two curious turtles poking their heads out of the water watching us row by, and a school of fish splashing around on top of the water. A third turtle peaks out of the water with a golf ball size head. The water was a little wavy with boats passing by but pretty clear up to about 5 feet deep. On my way home I encountered a Blue Heron fishing quite successfully. This was a great outing spending time with my daughter out on the lake. We must do this again.



No comments:

Post a Comment