Monday, April 16, 2012

Todays' Tranquility and Solitude Didn't Last Long!

I really like my job so when I go to Latta Plantation for an afternoon hike it's not to unwind but to enhance the day. It's such a contrast working in the city and then venturing out on the trails for some solitude. Today, it was even more tranquil by the way a handful of rays successfully reaches the forests' floor and brightens up its' canopy and the newly sprouting leaves reaching out with such vibrant green. Walking along the Buzzard Rock Trail, the only noise within earshot was a seldom squirrel wrestling in the leaves and random thoughts streaming through my head. The breeze flowing through the trees is very comfortable and crisp. Butterflies zipping along the trails being indecisive in their direction of flight. These walks are full of tranquility and gives me great solitude. Until Bailey (my dog) poops on the trail and I step in it. Oh well.







No comments:

Post a Comment